It’s raining, it’s pouring, now what?! A millennium trail hike, beach or pool day is fabulous, but so is a full day adventure, kicking off with brunch (because who wakes up early on vacation).
- Drake Devonshire – walk over to the Drake for brunch, my personal fav at the restaurant. Make a reservation – it can get busy. Settle into one of the green leather barstools or get cozy on the covered patio overlooking the water.
- Dead People’s Stuff–Take a five minute drive to browse vintage shops with an array of vintage paraphernalia. Dead People’s Stuff is eclectic and FUN. You might even spot some of the cool finds in Main and Marina!
- Sandbanks Estate Winery –Also, just a quick five minute drive – take in the full winery experience – Cellar tour, a tasting boutique and food pairings, plus vineyard views from an outdoor picnic area (if the rain breaks).
- Good Place – At the corner of Belleville and Main Street (yup, a two minute walk). Hit up the market for some yummy foods to take back with you to Marina and Main. While you are there – try the Green Bowl (for lunch) and a freshly brewed coffee.
- Sauna Time –Your belly is full and you need some time to unwind – warm up in the sauna and listen/watch the rain fall.
- East & Main Bistro – We have enjoyed every meal here. My last meal there – the ravioli – so good. The wine menu has lots of local options, and the vibe is, very much, The County – aka barn board, tasting food/wine and friendly people.